Thursday 30 March 2017

Banana Drama!

A week after my Mayo Oil disaster, I decided to try another DIY hair treatment. This time with an even stranger ingredient: Bananas.

Bananas are high in Vitamins A and E and antioxidants, which foster healthy hair. This mask is apparently perfect for dry, over-processed or coloured hair.

 
 
Basically you have to liquidize (or mush up) one banana, 1 teaspoon of honey and ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil. Massage into your hair, wrap with plastic or a shower cap, and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water, followed by shampoo and conditioner. If your banana mixture was chunky you’re going to have a hard time washing it out, so please blend well!

 
 
 
Verdict: I could probably post my mayo results word for word here. This did not help my hair in any way whatsoever! It didn’t feel as horrific as the mayo mask but it was pretty bad. The smell was much worse in comparison haha. I was happy I got the banana out of my hair because some people said it didn’t come out of theirs for weeks.

 
The next day my hair did feel quite glossy BUT it’s probably because I slathered my locks in Charles Worthington hair oil after I showered. The only positive thing I can say is the after effects of this on my hair weren’t as bad as the after effects of the Mayo Oil.

I am sworn off these home remedies and have now bought a L’Oréal Hair mask to accompany my favourite L’Oréal shampoos.

Just so you know I have been oiling my hair with a mixture of coconut and castor oil before and between all of these disasters. It’s just not helping, which is why I gave these a try. But this weekend some of my friends mentioned their hair is also feeling dry and brittle and they all think it’s a water problem in the city. I wonder if this could be the reason for my hair disasters. I still wouldn’t recommend using mayo or bananas in your hair though!

Here's hoping for happy hair days!

, Sana xx

No comments:

Post a Comment